The RBERN is funded by a contract from the New York State Education Department to provide technical assistance at no charge to school districts with English Language Learners in the counties of Albany, Clinton, Columbia, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Herkimer, Lewis, Montgomery, Otsego, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, St. Lawrence, Warren and Washington.
- Design, administer and evaluate in-district, professional development for parents, teachers, and administrators
- Coordinate and/or assist with the development and implementation of professional development activities in collaboration with other regional RBERNs, professional associations, and the New York State Education Department
- Provide technical assistance related to the development of Bilingual or ENL instructional programs and identification of federal and state resources
- Conduct trainings for Capital District youth in preparation for participation in the statewide Angelo Del Toro Puerto Rican/Hispanic Youth Leadership Institute (PR/HYLI)
- Disseminate information to school districts, parents, community-based organizations, and other stakeholders
- Provide embedded staff development
- Online professional library collection: http://slsc.qstiii.opalsinfo.net